After Care Advice
Looking after yourself following your treatments means that you’ll reap the maximum benefit. Here are some top tips to follow.
- Rest and relax for 12 hours after treatment. Practice deep breathing and relaxation techniques. This will help ensure that the body is able to heal itself sufficiently.
- Drink lots of water to help flush out toxins from the body.
- Avoid sunbathing or sun-bed treatments unless all of the oil is removed in case the skin burns.
- Do not eat a large meal immediately after treatment because this will cause blood to be diverted to the gut to help with the digestion of food. This will divert energy away from the healing process. After an hour light meals such as fruit and vegetables make ideal snacks.
- Avoid coffee, tea and colas for 24 hours as they contain caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant and therefore will not help you to relax.
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours as the treatment is a detoxifying one and drinking will introduce toxins.
- If you smoke: reduce your intake and set a long-term goal to quit. Seek support from: nhs.uk.
- Avoid other holistic treatments for 24 hours to enable your body to rebalance and recover; allowing the healing process to make some headway before your body is exposed to more therapy.
- As part of your ongoing aftercare advice you may have been given postural advice, stretching or mobility exercises. Make sure you follow your therapist’s advice carefully.
- To receive the maximum benefits from your therapy follow a healthy lifestyle: eat a healthy balanced diet; aim to get 8 hours sleep per night; exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time and take time to enjoy a hobby or interest.
- Return for regular treatments to maintain the benefits from your therapy.